While the TV debut of the AEW is coming fast, one of their star recruit is currently IWGP US Champion of the Japanese company in the person of Jon Moxley.
While the latter took part in the G1 Climax tournament where his games were hailed by critics, some wondered when his deal with the NJPW would end and whether he would be able to continue to fight for them once the weekends of the AEW began.
Sports Illustrated thinks they have the answer and informs us that Jon Moxley will be under contract with the Japanese wrestling company until January 4th, date of Wrestle Kingdom (which you know if you regularly read our news, will be held in 2020 for 2 days on January 4th and 5th).
After defeating Juice Robinson for the US title and then being defeated by Robinson during the G1 Climax, Sports Illustrated argues that Wrestle Kingdom should be the scene of a” fair ” between the two.
Having no information as to whether Jon Moxley will have the contractual ability to extend his time in the NJPW, he is likely to lose his title in the Japanese Wrestlemania. But we are still far from it!
As a reminder to Europeans, the NJPW will be holding an exceptional show in London, England on August 31, the NJPW Royal Quest at the Copper Box Arena and there are still tickets on sale. For those interested here is the map:
- Ren Narita, Shota Umino & Ryusuke Tagushi vs SHO, YOH & Rocky Romero
- Juice Robinson & Kota Ibushi vs Hikuleo & Yujiro Takahashi
- Robbie Eagles & Will Ospreay vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori
- Sanada & Tetsuya Naito vs. Chase Owens & Jay White
- IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Tanga Loa(c) & Tama Tonga(c) vs the winners of the tournament RPW
Road to Royal Quest)
- Never Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. KENTA
- British Heavyweight Championship match: Zack Sabre Jr(c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada(c) vs Minoru Suzuki